Sunday, July 6, 2008

A well needed rest.

A break at last! Taking a few days off to enjoy the mountains, my dog, and my man has rejuvenated me. I was ready for it and enjoyed every minute of it. I wish I could start from the beginning again but I know that I've got to get back to the grindstone. Camping with Brinkley for the first time was fun. It was nice to watch him just run around like a chicken with his head cutoff. I wish I knew what he was thinking but in my mind he was probably screamin' "FREEDOM!" He'd follow Brent off into the woods in search of firewood and come running back ahead of him as if to proudly holler, "He's got a big one, mom. He's coming!" While I took a lot of photos, there are many more photographic moments in my head. It was a nice little trip to remember. Some playground playing, swimming, and firework watching also made the week just inch slowly by. Words could probably never explain just how much the mini-vacation was needed. I'll have lots of nice memories to keep my mind occupied while I get back into the swing of things this week.

No comments: