Monday, December 8, 2008

Holiday Fun!

When I was younger I used to love Christmas time. Loved it! My brothers and I would spend hours decorating our bedrooms. We'd wake up in the wee hours of Christmas morning and sneak out to the living room to peruse our stockings and guess what was in each wrapped box. The novelty of it all kind of wore off once I had to start forking over the cash around Christmas time. Nothing sucks the fun out of the holidays like having no money. I've been creative in the gift buying arena so far and think that I'll sneak by without breaking the bank. Although, I'm still pretty certain that I would be perfectly content playing board games with my family all day rather than exchanging gifts.

I'm attempting to be a little less scrooge like this Christmas. I've been a bit more organized. The outdoor lights and tree were up within days after the Turkey was digested. I even beat my Christmas fanatic mom in decorating! I'm focusing on the inexpensive ways to create holiday cheer - like baking yummy winter treats and watching holiday movies. Of course, it helps to have a roommate around to share in the holiday fun!!

No comments: