Monday, January 19, 2009

Inauguration Day Holiday

We celebrate our pilgrims landing at Plymouth Rock. We celebrate our nation's founding on July 4th every year. We celebrate our veterans on Veteran's Day. We celebrate our nation's workers on Labor Day. Why not get an extra holiday every four years and celebrate our nation's ability to transfer between presidents peacefully.

I start classes tomorrow. Obama is supposed to take the oath at 12. My first class starts at 12:30. It's going to a crappy day knowing that I can't veg out in front of the TV and watch all of the hoopla that goes with inauguration day. I'm going to old school record it on the VCR and hope that it's just as neat watching it in the evening that it would be watching it live.

I say we should just get an Inauguration Day holiday. That would solve a lot of problems.

No comments: