Saturday, February 9, 2008

3, 2, 1...we have liftoff!

Well, it's not exactly dealing with the Korean War but there may be some links if I dig deep enough. I have to turn in my research topic next week for my research seminar and I've decided to focus on Atlas missiles in Northern Colorado during the Cold War. Just from my initial search for sources, I've found they were actually raised, fueled, and on alert during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Localizing something as important as that event should make for an interesting read...hopefully. On a far more random note from early research, apparently you can buy old missile silos and covert them into your home! No joke, some people actually live in them! One silo even includes its own personal air strip! It's amazing what money can get you!

No comments: