Thursday, February 12, 2009

Stress Level is a 10

So today I had the pleasure of Target Deep Tissue massage through work. It's a 3-week deal where they bring someone in for everyone and you get a 30 minute session where they put you through an incredible about of pain! It was lovely actually. It was painful, but my knee feels great right now. The lady focused on all of these muscles around my knee and lower back. Anywho...at the beginning of the session she has me fill out this sheet about my pain levels and what not. One of the question asked what stress level I have on a scale of one to ten. For the first time in my life, I could honestly put 10 without feeling the slightest big guilty for thinking my life is more stressful than other people's lives.

I just got over a four day bout with the flu. Not fun. At all. I did get to sleep though. Not really by choice, however. It's amazing how I didn't WANT to sleep but was. My body just took over. I missed some classes and work and am finally back to the usual hectic schedule. One month and two days until the dreaded written exam day. I've finally started writing the draft for one of the questions. It's coming along fairly well. My plan is to have finished drafts of both answers within two weeks of test day so that I can just memorize, memorize, memorize. The European Reading Seminar is dreadful. I've never felt so lost in my life. I really want to go to class Tuesday simply because I need helping understanding what I had just read. Blech. It will be a slow-going, uninteresting semester if I can't even understand what I am reading. Blech again.

Ok, enough griping. Back to studying I go.

No comments: