Friday, April 3, 2009

Casper or Bust

It seems so long ago when I was counting down the hours to go to Casper to see my man. The whole day would creep by until I could get on the road. I'd fuel up, grab some snacks, and hit the road. The excitement would wear off just after Cheyenne but I'd sing to the radio to entertain myself the rest of the way. It was always so nice to finally get there and get wrapped in a big bear hug. Everyone should get a hug like that after a few hours in a car!

I'm headed back to Casper this weekend if the snow holds out. This time, however, I won't be alone. The man and the dog are coming with me. I can still snack and sing and probably still get the bear hug at the end of the trip, but it's just not the same. And I'm totally okay with that! I'm spoiled rotten. I don't miss the long-distance relationship thing at all. I think about that almost daily. Those long weeks in between were too hard. And I hope that I never have to do it again.

No comments: