Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Naps should be mandatory.

I hadn't planned on taking a nap yesterday, it just sort of happened. There I was reading about the Korean War and enjoying the cool breeze from my air conditioner and then lights out! I couldn't have fought off that nap with all of MacArthur's army on my side. It was a good nap too. I didn't toss and turn. It was the nice deep sleep kind of nap. It really made me wish that naps were mandatory, like in preschool.

I'd be perfectly content with having to roll out a little nap mat every afternoon for a little timeout, refresher nap. Maybe that's what the world needs - just one mandatory nap everyday. It could have a domino effect ... less disgust and stress with work could lead to less road rage, fewer accidents and cheaper car insurance. People would be refreshed, have more energy to exercise and become healthier, leading to cheaper health insurance. People then could use their new healthy bodies to commute to work by bicycle, making us all less dependent on oil and ultimately ending the war and saving the earth from global warming!! We could all play and nap safely in our own separate corners of the world. Oversimplified and quixotic??? Just a tad, I know. Maybe I'll call up Obama or someone and tell them my plan to save the world. We could start with a grassroots campaign. "Stop the war. Take a nap." "Guns for pillows." "Have you had your nap today?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA you crack me up! I'm totally for your campaign, in fact I'll be your spokes model (minus the model part!). I LOVE naps! Remember college when we could grab a quick nap in between classes sometimes? Ahhh... that was life.

Anonymous said...

Count me in too!!! Naps rock! :D

RunninRobin said...

I am soooo in agreement! Naps are definitely needed in this world.