Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Whole Truth...I'm loving this no-school thing!

Free time sure is nice! I've been checking things off my list like crazy anddoing other things that I've been meaning to do. Woohoo - cartwheels all around. The Brinkley web cam is up and working. He's a little restless today - barking and howling a lot. It may be because Brent left after me this morning. His routine for leaving is different than mine so Brink may be a little disgruntled. I also forgot to leave a distracting dog chewy behind for him. Lesson learned!

I finished thank you cards last night! All of my wonderful friends and family spoiled me rotten for my graduation so I had a lot of thanking to do. Over the weekend, I managed to move furniture, pack up some more useless stuff, and read! Yes, read! I finished David Baldacci's The Whole Truth, which I had started the week before school was finished. It was a nice mindless read. I have been a fan of David Baldacci for some time. I loved his Split Second book, which began the King and Maxwell series. I two books behind in that series so I think the next Baldacci books I read will be those. While The Whole Truth was good, I don't think it quite deserves all the acclaim it's been getting. It pales in comparison to his other works. It's not as suspenseful, funny, or just plain entertaining. The ending felt rushed, which is sad considering Katie and Shaw were well developed characters. It also felt too much like a personal commentary on Iraq. Views on Iraq - good, bad, and in between are everywhere - does it really have to be in a novel too?

Before I take on another Baldacci book I was thinking about picking up Twilight, if anything just to see what all the hype is about. I'm not a big fan of vampires, but I do love a good love story! And frivilous reading - without a deadline! Whoop, whoop - I love having my life back!

No comments: