Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Damn you, Denise Austin!

My original plan for this morning was to wake-up at 6:00 to do Tae Bo with my old friend Billy Blanks. But I'm still sore all over from, of all things, go-karting. Every muscle is stiff and sore from my attempt to will the go-kart to go faster than it was capable of. When the alarm went off and I moved enough to realize my muscles still hurt, I cursed Billy Blanks and continued to lounge in bed. Tiny nap, wake up, curse, tiny nap, wake up, curse... an hour later I finally crawled out of bed feeling completely guilty that I bailed on my first day of the "new me." I decided that something was better than nothing and proceeded to torture myself with my Denise Austin 1 1 minute pilates dvd. It was painful. And the sad thing is, it was a half-ass attempt. This "new me" is going to take more work than I hoped for. I knew that, of course. After all, I've been down this road before.

Anywho, tonight is walking. Then tomorrow I'll take on Blanks. (maybe)

No comments: