Sunday, April 29, 2007

It was a green thumb day.

As I was eating my Cheerios this morning I flipped the "Grandma's Words of Wisdom" daily calendar that I have sitting on my desk. It read, "April 29th - Try to have a garden wherever you live, even if it's a pot on the front step. Plants are good for you, and it's good to get your hands dirty now and then." I thought that was pretty fitting considering I had planned today to be my re-potting of the plants day. All day long I puttered around out on my patio playing in the dirt. It was nice. I wish spring were a little further along so that I could go get some other plants to putter around with. I was nice to the little creatures as well. My little red lantern bird feeder looks very welcoming hanging out on my patio. Hopefully the birds appreciate the effort!

No running today. My new shoes were calling my name though. I'm ready for tomorrow's run! As long as I keep preparing myself for the next run, I think I'll keep heading out the door. Tomorrow is volleyball too. Double trouble! At least I will sleep well.

No comments: