Saturday, April 28, 2007

It's like the new car smell, but better!!!

I love the smell of new shoes! It's definitely better than the smell of old shoes! I don't know what it is about them, but new shoes just make me feel like I'm running faster and with just a tad less effort. It's like the kid in The Sandlot that puts on a new pair of Converse shoes before taking on Hercules the dog. New shoes make me run faster, jump higher, and all those other various things real athletes can do...or not.


<------ My new shoes! Asics.

It's a good thing I got in my 30 minute run/walk today (plus 4 or 5 trips around the running store building) because I got to chow down like a fat man at a buffet tonight at my parent's house. It was Dorrito casserole night, a.k.a. Mom's surefire way to get the family together for dinner. It's good because tomorrow is a rest day on the training schedule but bad because it's my weigh day. At least if it doesn't move or go in the direction I would like, I could blame it on the Dorritos!

No comments: