Thursday, April 26, 2007

Note to self...don't stop moving.

No treadmill last night! The sky cleared and it turned out to be a beautiful day to run in circles around my neighborhood. It was another day of running one minute and walking two minutes. I'm hoping this gradual plan of getting back into running means that I'll actually be running and not just jogging like before. I'm trying to keep my speed up at a decent pace without totally killing myself. I think as long as I recover during the two minutes of walking before I run again then I am doing things correctly. I think it's about 2.5 miles that I cover in the 30 minutes which isn't bad considering that I'm walking for 20 minutes of it.

I watched a movie later in the evening. Bad idea. I should have kept moving. My legs are so tight now. It's like from Finding Nemo, "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming." My new motto is going to be "Just keep moving. Just keep moving." The sad part is that I've been down this road before and I should have remembered that.


Oh, and the movie was highly disappointing. The Guardian failed to impress. It had potential up until the bar pick-up scene. Can anyone say Top Gun wannabe? They may as well have had the boys in uniform sing "You've lost that loving feeling" because that's all I could think about.

Kevin Costner is king - Ashton Kutcher is a joke. It was like watching Kelso from that That 70's Show struggling to be serious on the big screen for two hours. Does Kutcher only do one character? The sign of a craptastic actor? I vote yes. It's never a good sign when the minor actors that surround the main character are way more entertaining. The West Wing's Dule Hill played the token black man. That's a waste of a good actor right there. The movie probably would have been leaps and bounds better with him as the main character. Ah well, one less movie for the "To Buy" list.

No comments: