Tuesday, April 24, 2007

So it starts...

The blogging world has finally sucked me in. It's scary to finally take the blogging plunge but it's also not surprising that I finally caved in. My mind runs in overdrive every second of everyday and maybe, just maybe, this blogging thing may help me straighten things out upstairs.

Ultimately, the purpose of Worm's Word is for me to track my journey back into the running world. It's been a while and I know it won't be as fun and exciting as it was the first time around. I have a lot more on my plate than I did two years ago. At least I can take comfort in knowing that I've been here before, slowly adding minutes and miles, and that the pain does subside and the miles do get easier and more enjoyable.

Yesterday I started an 8 week program, courtesy of Runner's World, that should ease me back into running. The program is a different approach for me. Two years ago, I started the run/walk thing on my own and slowly got up to running almost daily. I lost 30lbs., ran a 5k and a half marathon. Then I slowly, and certainly with less pain and effort, went from being an athlete to a sedentary grad student. Luckily, that 30lbs is still MIA so I'm hoping that makes things a wee bit easier on me this time around!

So, yeah, I'm back! Yesterday wasn't so bad. I ran for a minute, walked two minutes, lather, rinse, repeat. Thirty minutes later, I was exhausted, but relieved that I had finally started "running" again.

No comments: