Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cats and dogs

It's definitely spring time!! It's been raining for two days now! I love it! Everything should start really turning green and all of the flowers should be blooming soon. I love April showers! I'm not a huge fan of working in them but oh well, makes the day interesting. I'm sitting here at 10:47 in the AM, drinking coffee, and watching it rain. Not too shabby of a life!

I had a long day yesterday. It started off right from my parking lot with an abandoned vehicle call. Then I had a stolen vehicle recovery which dragged itself out through most of the day. Collecting and logging evidence is time consuming! I had to swab a syringe found in the vehicle. That was nasty. Gives me the willies just thinking what that person must have looked like and what they did to themselves. After I got done logging the evidence, I had to get right back out on the street because the accidents were rolling in. I didn't get lunch break which makes me a grumpy CSO. I went to two accidents and then had a short break. Then I worked on the report from the stolen vehicle recovery and was sent to an accident with 15 minutes left in my shift. It was pouring rain!! Someone should have issued a small cat and dog warning! I hurried through the accident, er, I was efficient. Then I headed back to PD to turn in my paperwork. I slept very well last night!!

Oh, and I've just decided I need to buy an umbrella - so I can take Brink for a walk when it's raining like this!

No comments: