Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm no longer a patient person!

At least for the next 9 days, I'm no longer a patient person! I've spent all of 45 minutes with my future son and I'm hooked. The time is creeping by slower than it did when I was waiting for my much anticipated Washington D.C. vacation. I have everything a dog could possibly need - squeaky toys, chew toys, bouncy toys, soft toys, toys that look like lobsters, toys for teething. I have treats, food, cute dishes, leashes, and a bed. Most importantly, I have love!! Cheesy, yes! But I'm TOTALLY okay with that because I'm finally getting a dog! Woohoo! Sure, it's not a beagle named Copper or a golden retriever named Simon, but there's a quote on my friend's myspace page that says, "Sometimes on the road to your dream, you get lost and find a better one." That's not to imply the only dream I have in life is owning a beagle named Copper, etc., but sometimes the best things in life just fall into place. Sure, I'd been thinking about getting a dog (for like 2 years now), but it was this little guy that finally made me cave and say, yeah, I'm ready and I don't care what other people are telling me I should or shouldn't do. Even though he doesn't have a name yet, I know we'll be just fine. I may lose some shoes and other various belongings along the way but that's what makes it all the more fun!! If only it could be the 29th already!!

No comments: