Thursday, July 19, 2007

Springside Sage: Wisdom not included.

I've finally painted my bathroom after only 18 months of indecision! Springside Sage was the color of choice. Unfortunately it didn't come with additional sage for the mind. I could have used that wisdom last night when I decided to start painting at 9:30. While I was certainly proud of myself for accomplishing the task, now that it's the day after and I'm running on only a few hours of sleep, I think the painting should have waited. Once again, I vote for mandatory naps!

While painting, I watched (mostly listened to) Sweet Home Alabama. It's another favorite movie of mine that I can never get enough of. I like all of the South/Civil War jokes that are made throughout the movie. Maybe I can use the movie as "research" next semester when we talk about how the civil war is still the most prominent thing that drives southern culture and collective memory. Repeat viewings would be absolutely necessary!

*sigh*

No comments: