Tuesday, July 24, 2007

That's how it ends?? Really?

After blazing through 759 pages to find out the fate of Harry Potter, I was slightly disappointed. While I'm not going to go into the details because I know there are people out there that would kill me if I told them things before they had the chance to find out for themselves, I'll just say that for all of the hype and the build-up to Harry and Voldemort's final match-up, the Potter story ended with a fizzle rather than a bang, in my opinion. Maybe it's because I've only been finished with the book for less than 24 hours and I'm still a tad bitter about some of the directions taken - namely the overly sappy and unnecessary Epilogue. *sigh* I will miss Harry Potter. And maybe one day upon a repeat reading, I'll think this book provided a rightful and fitting end to the story of the boy wizard that captured my imagination for as long as it did.

No comments: