Sunday, May 13, 2007

Home at last. One mile at last.

I ran a mile! Without stopping! I wasn't suppose to, but once I got started I felt pretty good and thought that I'd try to make it to the mile mark to see how long it would take. I have some work to do, I came in at 11:40/mile. It's probably a little lower than that because I'm not sure of the exact spot or so for the mile marker because I'm going off the Pedometer Google thingy. While I may have only confirmed that I'm as slow as a turtle when I run, it was a great feeling to run an entire mile again without feeling completely dead on arrival. It's amazing how much work it takes to gain stamina for the longer runs. I'm going to repeat my run five minutes/walk one minute week of the training plan. It will probably be a painful week considering I haven't done anything but sit in a car for the past four days while eating convenience store junk food.

My adventures in Idaho will surely make for at least one interesting blog when I get around to it. After driving 350 miles home, I've managed to veg for most of the day. I did start on the dreaded laundry pile. I seriously think it grows when I'm not looking. I also watched the sequel to The Librarian. Noah Wyle delivered again! It was just as good, if not better, than the first one. It wasn't totally laced with the stereotypes of the last movie. Or maybe it was and my brain was still in road trip mode and I really didn't care.

I spent a lot of time on my road trip reading my Secret Service book that I started a few weeks ago. Because of this, I decided that I needed a Secret Service fix tonight and thought about the three West Wing episodes where CJ is assigned an agent for protection. I absolutely love the dialog between CJ and Agent Donovan when she is asking whether or not his gym is a good gym and he says, "Yeah, (pauses, tilts his head) We run alongside moving cars!" I realize it's all in the inflection but it's great television. It always deserves the mini marathon. And it's still painful to watch Agent Donovan get shot. Sniff, sniff. Long live The West Wing!

No comments: