Saturday, May 5, 2007

Singin' In The Rain...

I wasn't exactly Gene Kelly dancing around light poles or side skipping along but I may as well have been because it was so much fun running through the rain yesterday. I had managed to get about a mile and half into my run before it started to downpour. Luckily, I had warmed up some in the first mile and half that I didn't get too cold once it started to rain. It was pouring! It was energizing! "What a glorious feeling...cause I'm singin' in the rain." Yes, I know I'm a dork, but it was so much fun. I just wish the puddles would have accumulated faster so that I could have pounced around in them.

When I finally neared home, a guy that was getting into his car said, "Now that's dedication!" That made me feel good but I also had to laugh because if he'd only known that I was only just a beginner (again) than it might not have been so impressive!

It's rainy out again today. Or at least it's got the rainy look to it. I haven't seen rain drops yet. Maybe once I head outside it will start raining. I'm sure it won't be nearly as much fun as yesterday. Running four minutes, walking one minute wasn't so hard but it never is the first time because it's new. Today it won't be new, it will be harder and I'm kind of dreading it. I should just curl up on the couch and watch a movie...I wish I owned Singin' In The Rain. That would be perfect.

No comments: