Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I am a runner... hear me yawn!

It's amazing how motivating something entirely novel can be. Yesterday I started my attempt at becoming a morning runner. I say attempt because really, one time doesn't make it a habit now does it? Anywho, I was excited about it. I went to bed earlier, made sure I was hydrated, and even had my clothes and shoes laid out so that I wouldn't back out. It was a very quiet run. Only a few cars passed by and only one bicycle. As I ran, I yawned. A lot. It's strange what you can force your body to do when you are still groggy. About 2.5 miles later, I was wide awake and starving. I think the greatest part of the whole running in the morning thing is that for the rest of the day I didn't have to think about going home and running!

I was sure glad that today only calls for an easy walk and no run because when the alarm clock went off this morning, there was no way I was going to get up and go anywhere. Volleyball last night was brutal so I had to work hard, which meant I was wide awake until about midnight. Soooo, I'm walking this evening when I get home, rain or shine. Then I'm going to veg out and watch the very last Gilmore Girls ever. I'm sure sniffles will be involved.

Oh, my REI order arrived over the weekend so I got to pick up the goods yesterday. I got three new shirts that are super wicking like and a pair of shorts! Here's to being geeky looking, dry, and comfortable!!

No comments: